Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Beautiful Thing



Sunday morning I made myself some blueberry waffles with butter, syrup, and whipped cream!
(Don't worry, Jake does plenty for me everyday.)







We tried taking mother's day pictures... sometimes the only way to get Everett to smile is to tickle behind his knees. 




Of course we went to church after. 

Church is at a really awkward time for us right now. We don't get home until 3 and Ev always falls asleep on the way home. He slept until 5 so we missed our big, extended family BBQ at the lake. 

But we made up for it by going to the Orting trail. 

It was another beautiful day in the Northwest. 













It was absolutely gorgeous. 


















It was a long bike ride. I don't know how many miles we went, but we went pretty far. (Like 2 1/2 hours far)

Near the end we got out and took a few pictures. Lately, Everett has been into pointing out letters. I'm pretty sure Jake read this entire sign to him... one letter at a time. 




We also stopped to feed the cows.





Everett loved it so much. He kept asking for more grass. 



He was so brave. Look how close his hand is to the cow's tongue!















We had such a beautiful time. 

Sometimes I just can't believe how beautiful it is here... and then I remember the months of torturous rain that make it all possible. 

I love my family so much. Jake and Everett bring me so much joy and make my life so much better than I could ever make it on my own. 

I need them, and as it turns out, they need me too. 

I feel so blessed and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother. I feel like I've matured a hundred years in the last two that I've been a mom. I'm humbled to be a mother, especially to Everett. 



It was a nice day to celebrate such a beautiful thing. 

2 comments:

  1. I swear Everett has gone from a baby to a little boy in like the last two blog posts. So cute!

    ReplyDelete