Monday, May 7, 2012

Making "Healthy Cookies"

It seems like the gym is the perfect melting pot for kid germs. 

Everett has gotten sick WAY too many times this year and I actually think it's from the gym. Because we hate to be sick, we stay home to avoid spreading the germs to other kids. 

And what do you do when you stay home? Make cookies!

Whenever I get the red KitchenAid out Everett come running for a taste of whatever I'm making. So this time I wanted him to help... instead of just licking the bowl. 

I measured everything out and let him to the rest...




We were making a half batch of oatmeal raisin cookies.




Poor kid. Water was just coming out of his eyes and nose all day. 



But he sure liked helping!





Photobucket
(He's dumping in the egg)






And while the cookies were baking he even helped me clean up. 








That's my boy!

When they were done we ate lots of them.

And I taught Ev how to dip them in milk.

The two of us ate them all... because Dad doesn't like "healthy cookies" or something like that.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the gym. Shelby's got RSV from there and every time I take Sam, I think she gets a cold. Too bad more people don't keep their kids home when they're sick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My kids get sick from the gym too, but thankfully I don't think there are as many kids that go into Graham Fit, so we avoid some of the rounds. Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete