Tuesday, June 12, 2012

For The Love Of Technology

I have to say, I don't know how our parents survived without the same level of technology that we enjoy today. (Well, I know that they didn't know any different but you know what I mean.)

I have so much information available at my fingertips at any given moment in the day because of the Internet. I seriously couldn't live without the Internet. Well, I could but it wouldn't be awesome. The Internet can be a pretty evil thing if you let it be, but if you don't, it's the best thing ever.

One of our neighbors is also remodeling his house. He had zero construction skills before he started but has done nearly everything by himself with the help of youtube. If you ever need a tutorial on anything, just youtube it. There is so much free information out there, it's insane.

Some days Everett and I stay home all day. I can get lonely sometimes. When he naps I just hop on my blog, Facebook, pick up my phone, text, e-mail... and instantly I feel social and like I've had a hundred conversations.

If I ever need to know anything, I just look it up on the Internet. I know that not everything on the Internet is legit, but it can be if you look in the right places.

There is so much more I could say about my love for technology and the Internet... but I'll just say that I am a big fan and that I think there is a lot of good in it.

Everett is a big fan of technology too. He loves my phone so much. I found a few free preschool apps and downloaded them for him. One of them is just a bunch of e flash cards. He swipes through them and it shows a picture of whatever it is and then says what it is. I downloaded it a few days ago and his 'vocabulary' had doubled (which is still VERY small) but this is a step! (his vocabulary still doesn't consist of any actual words, just noises and sounds but this is better than before)


He loves the animal and vehicle sections and pretty much makes all of the noises. There is another app that I got for free that is a bunch of puzzles. Since we took away the pacifier, this app has been a lifesaver in the car! He always cried in the car without a pacifier (no matter what) but now he's content playing his e-puzzles.

Personally, I don't think technology is a bad thing even for little kids. There is NO WAY he would sit down and let me show him flash cards... but because it's on the phone and he gets to turn the page he loves it and he's learning.

Technology (especially the internet and cell phone) play such a vital role in my life and I'm so grateful for all of their good uses. They are seriously such a blessing (just don't make them more important than real people and you're all set :)

No comments:

Post a Comment