Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Go Fly A Kite

I know that I complain about WA weather too much (like how it's been rainy and cold and it's June... blah, curse words!) but one thing that I can say is that we don't get wind very often. It's nice. 

But today was quite windy. The second Jake got home, he changed and then we went out to the football field behind our house to fly the kite. He's been waiting for a dry, windy day for a long time. 








We had a lot of fun. 
Every time the kite came down Everett was the first one to run out there.




He really liked helping us fly the kite. 



Even when the wind got a little gusty and pulled us down!






These are my favorite kind of family outings! 

When Jake was having a particularly long turn (I'm totally kidding) Everett and I laid down in the grass and he tried to dive bomb the kite on us. It might not have been the safest activity, but we sure did like it. 



Then we had to stop by the play set before heading home. It was so cold out, I thought my hands were going to fall off... but you know what they I say, a happy child, a happy life! 


Today was very much a happy life

1 comment:

  1. So fun! The girls have really wanting to fly a kite... guess I should buy one soon :) Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete