Monday, September 17, 2012

Friends At The Phoenix Zoo

We've been so fortunate to find such great friends here in AZ. We left a lot of special relationships back in Washington and I'm pretty sad about it but I know that we'll keep in touch and that we'll see them again when we visit. 

The very first Sunday we were here, we met a couple in church that we have so many things in common with. For starters:
The husbands are both named Jake
The husbands work for the same company
The wives are pregnant
Our due dates are both March 10th
They have one child... a little boy 2 months younger than Everett
His name is Rhett.
Crazy, right!!

The differences:
She has a girl name... lol
I look WAY more pregnant than her. 

Everett loves Rhett and thinks he's hilarious. We've had playdates and dinner dates and we even ran into them at the mall on Saturday. They brought us brownies last night and then Julia invited Everett and I to the zoo today with her and Rhett. She had two guest passes to the Phoenix zoo where we saw elephants:



GIANT turtles/tortoise:


The one above was 110 years old and the one below was 135 years old and weighs 675 pounds!



We walked through the misters because it was 90 degrees:



Saw the scarlet macaw: 



The owls:



Pink flamingos: 



Played in the splashpad complete with a cave and two rock slides: 





Saw the orangutans:



Giraffes:



Tiger:


Huge, huge, huge lion:



Zebras:


and tons of other things I didn't get a picture of. I didn't get a picture of the 4 of us.... not even the boys. Someday I will get a picture of how adorable they are. We all had such a good time and I'm so glad they invited us to the zoo. I know that the boys had a blast too and they both fell asleep on the way home. 

I'm so glad that Everett and I both have friends that we love to spend time with!

No comments:

Post a Comment