I've been meaning to write down some random things about AZ that I don't want to forget about once they become "normal".
1. I wasn't expecting to see so many pine cones here
2. I wasn't expecting for it to be so green and beautiful either. The flowering bushes are amazing
3. I wasn't aware of the amount of dust that blows in and covers everything
4. It seems like it might be easy to customize your license plate here. I've seen some pretty cool ones like Lwyrmom (I'm assuming lawyer mom) and Mrmeanr (misdemeanor?) and several others that I can't remember anymore
5. WA has the nasty, disgusting, slimy slug but AZ has the cockroaches, scary-looking spiders, all sorts of lizards, and the potentially-deadly scorpion... all of which we've seen already. I'd rather have the slug back
6. There is some sort of bird here that sounds EXACTLY like a human whistle. The first few times I heard it on my morning walks I would look around for some creepy man in the bushes until I realized it was a bird
7. The parks (neighborhood and public) are clean and I haven't seen graffiti yet. This is how Everett likes to swing at the park:
8. Everyone drives very fast. City streets are 45 mph and it's like drag racing as soon as the light turns green
9. I was expecting the cost of living to be a little lower than WA but it isn't
10. Dunkin' Donuts, Jack in the box, and circle K are the monopolies around here
11. The ceiling fan is your best friend at night. It's too hot to sleep without it on
12. It seems like most people buy filtered water and that tap water isn't for drinking
That's all I can think of for now although I'm sure I'll think of more soon.