Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's a..... Weeks 15-19

If every other pregnant lady out there was a hot dog... then I'm the Costco hot dog. I'm almost twice the size for the same price!

Lol, okay I really need to stop making fun of my ginormous size but it's just too fun. I seriously look like I am 28 weeks or something... but alas, I am only 19. When I was only 9 weeks somebody asked me the baby's gender! When I was 16 weeks somebody asked me if there was any way it could be twins! I get such a kick out of it and I take it all very lightheartedly.

I started to feel the baby move around 17 weeks and I was so excited. Now it moves so much and I love it. Today at the appointment the heartbeat was a strong and healthy 144, which I am so very grateful for.

When we were expecting Everett I was so certain that he was a boy. I had no doubt. This time I just didn't know... in the beginning. I kept thinking BOY but then I really started to think GIRL. I started to look at baby names on the computer and I just couldn't bring myself to look at boy names, I could only look at girl names. I was convincing myself that we were having a girl.

But then I looked at the facts. I have 4 friends (my age) that have two boys and 4 more friends (my age) that have a two-year-old boy and just found out that they are each expecting boys. So I started to second guess myself because really, the odds were not in our favor.

But a few weeks ago I decided that I knew we were having a girl. More specifically, a brown haired girl. Jake also thought we were going to have a girl.

So today at the ultrasound appointment I asked the tech to write the gender down instead of telling us. (The prior lady was a real downer so I didn't want our excitement to be destroyed by a complete stranger). But today's lady was so sweet and even wrapped our baby's gender up in a makeshift envelope.... she even typed the gender so lightly on her keyboard so she wouldn't ruin the surprise of three letters or four.




When we got home, Jake video taped me opening it... this is what we found!!!



We are both so excited; we can hardly believe it! I can't wait to start decorating her room, making onsies, dresses, tutus, bows, headbands, and the like. I'm almost is disbelief that we are actually having a girl!

Here are a few pictures of me in all my huge glory...

      16 weeks-17 weeks


          18 weeks-19 weeks

Is it obvious that all I have left are drawstring sweats and super stretchy shirts?! I finally got smart and took the second-to-last picture in the morning (not right before bed like the others) and I look a lot smaller. Gravity plays a big part to the size of my belly! Or maybe Everett's closet mirror is slimming.... but honestly, I really don't care. I just want a healthy baby girl and if I end up flashing WHALE on the scale and get 100 more stretch marks then it's worth it.

AHHHHHHHH!!! We are having a GIRL!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. YAY! SO so happy for you! I love having a girl WAY more than I ever thought I would. It is so fun :-) P.S. You don't look near as huge as you make yourself out to be. You look awesome and it will SHE will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tyrell and family! What exciting news. Bridget told me yesterday at mutual and was beaming with joy herself. Your little girl is going to be such a doll! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Tyrell! Girls are so much fun :) And I honestly don't think you look that huge.... or maybe I just get big fast like you cuz your pics look similar to what I see in the mirror (at the same weeks.) I'm sooo so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am soooo excited for you I loved seeing you and jake hold Halle and Ev at our house. Pretty soon that will be your family!!!! I agree with everyone Girls are so much fun. Boys are fun as well it is just a different kind of fun! I can't wait to meet her! I knew it was a girl. P.S. what was your instinct? You are not big by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for baby girls! Girls are all I know, but man they are fun. It's all Tutu's and dress up at my house. It's a pink explosion, and I love it! I'm so excited for you to get to have all the pink fun too :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is so exciting! Girls are fun! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete