Friday, October 5, 2012

Time

Man, I miss my friends. 

I miss all of them but I miss my friends from the gym the very most. I saw them almost everyday and they all played such a big role in my life over the last 18 months. They were like family. 

We did a lot of things together and ran a lot of races together. I knew that I would miss them when we left WA but I also knew that I would miss them even if we were still there. These days, instead of sculpting my body into a machine at the gym... it's sculpting itself into an easy bake baby oven at home. 


Even though we prayed and hoped to someday have another baby, sometimes I just can't believe that we are actually going to have another child. I wonder about the gender, their looks, attributes, personality, name, how I'm going to decorate their room... everything. I just really hope that our future little person is nice to me because their older brother makes me wonder sometimes if I'm capable of doing this. 


And then sometimes I know that I'll do great and rock this whole mom-of-two thing. 

Everett is so sweet and sensitive and he will make an adorable big brother. Part of me can't wait for him to pucker his lips and kiss our new little baby and then the other part of me is really dreading the long nights, long days, saggy/swollen/broken body, and all of the other hardships a new baby brings. 



My birthday is coming up and I've been thinking about how fast they've been coming the past few years. Time goes by pretty fast these days and I hear that it just goes by faster and faster. 

I remember a conversation my gym friend and I were having several months ago. She is in her mid forties and we were talking about high school and how we would never, ever reverse time and live it again. 

She said that life gets better and better and that she would never want to reverse time. Although I am 20 years younger than she is and I have a lot more time to really understand what she means, I would have to say that I agree. I have grown so much in the last few years even though they've been difficult at times. I look back and see so many blessing and know that life is only going to get better. I have to remind myself (very often) that I need to live right now... in this moment. 

Sometimes it's hard to be excited for the future AND live in the moment at the same time. That's something Jake and I talk about often. 

Living in the moment is probably something that most people have to work on, but I'm going to make a more conscious effort to live in the moment for this next year of my life. Right now I'm going to enjoy having a cute pregnant belly, a handsome and hardworking husband, and a super cute little boy who makes me really understand what life is all about. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are having a great time in AZ. Your family looks so happy. I also don't exercise during pregnancy and I also would not go back in time! I hope you have an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete