Thursday, November 1, 2012

Boppy's Facelift

I'm still in shock that we're having a little baby girl. 

I'm so excited, sometimes I almost feel guilty because I'm so excited.... but I was just as excited when we found out that Everett was going to be a boy so I guess it's okay. 

The other day I dug everything baby out of our garage and organized things I'd need again... like the boppy. Everett and I didn't get an A+ for nursing but we definitely gave it a solid effort, and the boppy was helpful. 

I decided to give it a fresh look when I found a yard of super-awesome fleece in my fabric trunk. I was a little nervous because I haven't done a sewing project in a very long time, but it actually turned out really good. I was impressed.


 I had to buy a zipper... but for $3 I think the boppy looks awesome!



I actually didn't need to change the "gender" of the boppy cover because Everett totally sported the pink pattern with cherries (that originally came with the pillow). If anything, now I have a backup cover!


(P.S. I used the original cover as a "pattern" but I'm sure there is some sort of tutorial out there for anyone interested.)

2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie, I thought "Boppy" was referring to one of your grandparents and I was so excited to read a post about your grandma's facelift. I was kinda bummed when I saw the pillow. But, it does look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so talented... I really like the new pattern!

    ReplyDelete