Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dreaming Big


About a month ago I made some art for baby girl's room (both were inspired by prints I'd seen on Pinterest) and it's a little ironic that I made the first one because she's been giving me some "BIG dreams". I've had some pretty funky dreams lately. I have no idea if it's pregnancy related or not, but some of them have been downright weird.

So last night I had a dream that our baby was born... 9 weeks early but still weighing 6 lbs 12 oz. She was born at home and Jake delivered her (this is something I'm not planning on doing). At first we thought she was a boy. My first reaction was "I knew it!" because I have my doubts about this baby really being a girl but then I started to get really sad/upset because that means that I'd have to be pregnant once again if we ever wanted another chance at having a girl. Jake tried to pep talk me into having a third child (literally minutes after 'giving birth') and I think I even agreed. But then the swelling went down and we discovered she was a girl. Phew!

What a weird dream! There are so many things wrong with this dream... the most obvious being that she still weighed 6+ pounds and being over two months early... so at least I know the dream wasn't a "sign" or anything. Just weird.

When I was pregnant with Everett (before we knew he was a boy) I dreamed multiple dreams that he was a boy. One dream was even that I had two blond haired boys (close in age) in my shopping cart at the grocery store and I remember feeling more joy than I'd ever felt. Ever since then I just assumed that I'd have another boy right after Everett. Every time Everett grew out of an outfit or a pair of shoes I put them away in boxes assuming I'd use them again soon. That's probably why I sometimes doubt the gender of this baby. But, I guess we'll find out for sure in another 14 weeks.

Until then, I'm sure I'll keep dreaming weird dreams.... and making girly things for her room and stressing about what to name her and how to spell it. Sometimes I take the most joyous things and make them so stressful and complicated!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome dream. I miss you like crazy! Seriously I was crying to Nate the other day because I feel like I will never see you again. Remember our cruise? Remember all our good times? ahhhh, :( I am sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have BOXES... literally, of the cutest baby girl clothes. I told Lee that as soon as this kiddo comes out and shows us his wee wee I'm gonna have to go through and get rid of some. Let me know if you're interested :) I'm too scared to get rid of them in advance.... JUST in case something is missing at delivery. haha. But ya, I have crazy weird dreams when I'm pregnant, so you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete