Sunday, January 13, 2013

Friendly Week


This week I have really been missing the Coatneys and our Sunday night fondue. I can almost hear our kids crying/laughing/fighting in the background as we dip brownies, pound cake, bananas, strawberries and marshmallows into melted chocolate. I miss having late night girls nights at Heidi's and talking with friends about our motherly adventures. I miss playing games with the Webbs and planning vacations together. And today I was really missing Megan painting my toenails because I was too pregnant to do so myself. 

But all is well. 

I am full of gratitude for my new friends here. Our neighbor and three others have offered to take care of Everett when the time come to have this baby. It's funny how you worry for months and months about how the labor and delivery will go but you have almost no say in the matter... so for so many people to offer their services, it's been a big relief. 

I am amazed at the kindness and generosity of others and it just makes me want to pay it forward. I know this world can be a dreaded place sometimes, but truly there are so many good people around. 


It was my mom's birthday the other day. So we celebrated from afar and made black and white brownies and build sandcastles. It was a good day!


4 comments:

  1. We miss you guys. Remember when we made you guys stay at our apartment and watch big daddy til 1 am? Remember bunco and how crazy loud it was? Remember when u jumped on the bed in florida and broke it {hotel room} lol...I miss you a lot. Sometimes I think you're one of the only 'real' girls out there! Anyway I am glad you have such great neighbors. However and whenever this baby comes it will all work out :] -jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were still here we would absolutely paint each others toe nails :) I can't reach mine right now either.. I could use a prego swap lol. If I had a million bucks I'd fly down and enjoy some sunshine with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you guys too! When you guys come up for a visit we will have a pot of yummy fondue waiting! I can't wait for the boys to play together!! Enjoy the sunshine. Washington is freezing(actually below freezing) right now! p.s. I need your address so I can send your baby gift.

    ReplyDelete