Thursday, January 24, 2013

Her First Blanket


I finished decorating the nursery a few weeks ago... so I made a blanket out of the left over scraps. 

I'm pretty sure it's my most favorite handmade blanket ever. 


It was my first attempt at a 'quilt' and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out {although I would love to learn how to do the fancy embroidery stuff someday (instead of just the straight lines)}. 

I doubt the blanket will actually be used for warmth until next winter, but until then she can look cute playing on top of it!


3 comments:

  1. What a great first attempt! It looks beautiful and I know it will be well used and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm in sewing mode this week too. I have to re-cover the car seat... which you should totally be here to help me with, and I got some super cute fabric off fabric.com to make him a blanket :) Love LOVE LOVE how your's turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls are so fun! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete