Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jake Turns 29

 Jake turned 29 on the 30th. 

It would be so great if I could post pictures of his cake, gifts, and all of the activities we did... but we didn't have a cake, he opened his birthday gifts on Christmas (cologne and 3 new dress shirts), and I didn't take a single picture on his birthday. 

However, we spent Saturday together as a family, fed Jake Costco pizza for lunch (his most favorite pizza), Everett took a 4 hour nap so Jake could clean out the garage (one of his favorite activities), and then we took Jake out for sushi (his favorite).

Jake is a sushi man and had 4 rolls and some nigiri. Lucky for me they had a vegetarian roll and a deep fried roll so I got to eat sushi too (you know, because pregnant ladies can't eat raw fish). I have no doubt that we will go back because they have all-you-can-eat sushi and those two things make Jake a very happy man!

Since I don't have any pictures of his day, I'll post some pictures of his special outing with Everett the Saturday before. 

We were getting ready for our weekly Saturday family date night when I asked Everett if we should drive Dad's car just to switch things up. So Everett runs outside, Jake puts him in his carseat, I lock the front door and I'm the last one in the car. Apparently by riding in Dad's car it meant that Mom couldn't come! Everett was so upset that I got in the car because he thought it was just an Everett/Dad date. 

So I stayed home while the two of them had Chick-Fil-A and played in the play place. 



Then Jake took him to the pet store.




Everett loves his dad so much and it's adorable to see their relationship grow. Every night after dinner the two of them play, wrestle, and run around the house yelling and chasing each other. It's the best thing in the whole world to watch as a mother and wife. Jake is such a wonderful man, husband, and dad. 



It's Jake's hope to be able to spend as much time with us as possible while still building a career for himself. He works so hard to accomplish both and I'm lucky to be married to such a great man. I think Everett knows he's pretty lucky too to have such a cool dad. 



So, happy 29th birthday Jake. Next year we better go all out because it'll be your golden birthday... 30 on the 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment