Monday, January 21, 2013

Watermelons

Everett really wanted to buy a watermelon at the store the other day so I let him pick one out. I put my apron on him to save his white shirt from watermelon juice and he looked so cute... a little too cute!



Speaking of watermelons, I'm growing one. About 8 months ago I swallowed a watermelon seed and it has grown quite large. 

We took a hospital tour on Saturday and I feel a whole lot better about harvesting this watermelon. Of course I'm nervous and excited and I have no idea how things are going to work out but my mind is a little more at ease... especially because the field hospital in only 2 blocks away. 

I talked with my farmer doctor this morning. We'll do a third ultrasound at 37 weeks to see if my watermelon is big or super big. If it's super big then we might just have to cut it out of there since my last watermelon had some troubles getting out and he was big too. (I might be a little embarrassed if my watermelon is just a tiny little thing...)

Although my watermelon continues to get bigger, I've been feeling much better these last two weeks. I joined a book club and I've already read four books this January. Turns out, resting and reading are exactly what my pregnant self needed. 

Only 6 or 7 more weeks and then we'll be bringing home our new watermelon. We have a name picked out for her and a beautiful room waiting. I'm getting pretty excited... okay, really excited!

1 comment:

  1. What books have you been reading? I think I need to do a bit of the same... with the other 3 kids schedules I feel like I hardly have time to sit and relax. And that watermelon looks amazing. I bought one the other day and it was CRA-PPY. Hardly even pink. Bleh. Guess I'll have to wait a few more months.

    ReplyDelete