Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book Club

I joined a newly-formed book club in December and I've loved both books we're read so far. 

The first one was a super quick, easy read called A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck. It was super cute, very entertaining and I actually read it during one of Everett's long naps. So if you're looking for a good, fast read... that's your book. 

I loved the book so much that I read the sequel a few days later: A Year Down Yonder. There is also a third book called A Season of Gifts that is good. Those three books were in the young adult and juvenile section of the library. 


The second book club book is called These is my Words By Nancy E. Turner. This one was much longer and much more 'adult' than the others. It was such a fantastic book. It's one of those books that kind-of messes with your head a little bit because you get so attached to the characters and story.

So those are a few good reads for anyone that is interested. I'm sure I'll keep you updated with more books as the months go by.

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously the 8th different person THIS week who has talked about the book "These is my words"! I really can't wait to read it. (As soon as my library finally gets it in!) Please keep updating new books. I'm always looking for something good! ---By the way, you look great! Hope you are enjoying Arizona!

    ReplyDelete