Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Journal... Ahhhhh Freak Out!

Dear Journal,

I don't know how women do it. You know, be pregnant and raise families without feeling like they're going to die any second!


I have failed to teach Everett how to play by himself and entertain himself so he still needs my constant attention. Jake has been home once before 7:30 pm in the last 8 working days AND worked half of last Saturday. Everett only naps occasionally, I have NO energy, I still feel sick, I freak out if I don't feel her moving, if I lay down I have heartburn, Jake snores, I can't sleep, I have no idea what we'll do with Everett when I go into labor, I am so huge that it hurts to move, I can pretty much feel my skin ripping, Everett ate cereal for dinner while watching A Bug's Life, I feel guilty about the amount of TV he watches, I bribe him with cookies and chocolate milk... and much, much more.

No matter how good my day is, by 4:30 I am done. Jake asks me how I'm doing every night when he gets home and the only thing I can say is: "I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore"

I've read every birth story I can get my hands on. I'm looking forward to labor and delivery. I seriously feel like it will be better than being pregnant... that's how bad I want to be done. I'm soooooo looking forward to holding our baby girl on the outside of my body. I can't wait.

But soon it will all be over and I'll have a whole new set of emotions to deal with.

~Tyrell

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling Andrea Cusick today that Im not proud of the amount of TV Garret watches lately. Actually did my heart a little good to read that you are feeling the same way. BUT I think we do the best we can and our kids are loved and in a happy, healthy home so that's better than a lot of other kids. I can't wait for your labor and delivery story. You are so close I can't even stand it. You look beautiful and your family looks happy. This is one lucky little girl. What a blessing it will be for her to join your family. Love ya Tyrell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I tooooootally feel the exact same way...haha Do not feel guilty!! I lay on the couch most of the day, and feel terrible about it....and Daxon watches probably way to much tv and plays way to many games on my phone....And cereal and corndogs are a constant at our house.....So do not feel guilty at all, you are not the only one! I just hope my kids kind of forget this part of their life when mom was too exhausted and tired to do anything fun with them....It'll all be over soon.. I have to tell myself that everyday. and the only way i Get sleep is to take Tylenol Pm or unisom...otherwise I get no sleep... Try it... it's great.. lol Good luck!!! and See you at the Finish line soon!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say that you don't have to worry about what your kid eats or how much tv they watch until the newest baby is 3 months old. Some pregnancies I've started that earlier than others... Just give yourself permission to give yourself a little slack for a few months and you'll feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in good company, my friend :) Lee was gone for the last week on business, and I could word for word write the same post! HOWEVER, this being my 4th time through, I guarantee, it WILL happen! Baby will come, you will feel better, and life will come up with a new "normal" that will feel totally normal. My kids watch an insane amount of tv when I'm pregnant, we eat tons of cold cereal when I don't feel good, and I'm just thankful to know that at SOME point, I will feel like a good Mom again. And no matter if your kids like to play alone or not, they STILL want your attention, so don't stress it :) You are doing a fantastic job, really truly! And you are SO SO close! You know labor is close when it sounds better then being pregnant haha ;) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete