Friday, March 22, 2013

Heaven And Scorpions

It smells like heaven outside right now. I think it's the orange tree blossoms but I'm really not sure. Whatever it is I wish to bottle it up and smell it everyday for the rest of my life!

It's nice and warm out and the temperature of the pool is just about swimmable. 


It feels amazing outside with the perfect warm breeze. Ideal for afternoon walks. 


I would say it's heaven here right now except for one thing...

This morning Everett and I were outside on the grass playing with his cars in his tent. The grass was a little wet so I put a blanket down. 




About two hours later I picked the blanket up to hang on the clothes line to dry. It was then that I looked death right in the face. 



No matter how many times I've seen a scorpion it still freaks me out and I get all weird for the next few hours. It just shakes me to the very core. 

Our landlord swears that they only saw like 5 or 6 for the 8 years that they lived here. We've killed 3 IN our house and at least 10 on the back patio and Jake bought a blacklight last summer and has killed probably 20 or more that way. 

According to neighbors, we get more scorpions than normal because there is a big walking path behind our house and they just crawl right up over the brick wall into our yard. And I don't like it one bit! 

I'd have to say that scorpions are my very least favorite thing about living here. Other than that, it's pretty heavenly right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, they are so creepy! Heather hates them too. In their old house the laundry hook ups were in the garage and sometimes she would find them in the laundry. Eek!

    ReplyDelete