Friday, March 8, 2013

Keeping Me Sane

My last post is getting a lot of traffic and I know it's not because people want to hear me complain!... you're just checkin' to see if I've had our wee little one. 

Well, not yet. 

So I thought I'd post about a few things that are keeping me sane. 

I made a few hair accessories. 
I can't believe I've made it so many months and I've just now made some. 



The weather. 
I feel like one of the only things that could make this pregnancy seem longer is bad/HOT weather. This last week has been perfect and for that I am SO thankful for. We play outside a lot and that makes the days go by a little faster. 



Reading. 
I've been reading lots of books. And the monthly Ensigns and conference issues cover to cover. The Book Thief was 550 pages and I read it in a week. That's probably some sort of record for me. 

(The book was thoroughly entertaining but I was surprised at how much bad language there was considering it was a young adult book)


Friends. 
I've been getting lots of texts and comments that make 39 weeks bearable. Plus we went to Organ Stop Pizza with some friends on Monday and that was pretty cool. Then they took us to Bahama Bucks for shaved ice and shakes. We're big fans and I'm sure we'll be going there lots this summer. 



Family. 
Everett has been asking for Papa for a few weeks so he came and spent the day with us today. It was so nice... I'm not sure what's up with Everett's "smile" though!



My Dr. 
I love that man. 
I know I said that I was starting to hate him but it's mostly because at 39 weeks you start to hate everything. Jake came with me to my appointment yesterday where I poured out my heart and soul to him and told him that I would die if he didn't induce me. I told him I was ready to have the baby right there in his office. (Jake said I did a great job of expressing how I felt!) But because I am low risk (there is nothing "wrong" with me or the baby) that the hospital literally won't let you even schedule an induction until your due date (which is actually something they told us on our hospital tour so I know he wasn't making it up). 

So I am on the schedule for Sunday. Every single one of my fingers and toes are crossed that they will have a room/bed open for me because if lots of ladies come in that are in labor earlier that day then I am the one that will be sent home. 

That is, of course, if I don't go into labor sooner... which I am starting to doubt. He stripped my membranes again and did a fantastic job (it hurt like 10 times more than last week) and he said that I was dilated to a 4. About two hours later I lost my mucus plug. I was ready for contractions any second. Nothing. 

Last night was even stormy with lightning and thunder. Today it's been raining like CRAZY and still nothing. Isn't a storm supposed to bring babies?! I think my uterus is broken. (I'm sure I won't be saying the same thing once labor does start!)

(Our grass is completely flooded again and our huge shade umbrella ended up at the bottom of our pool. See, big storm... where's the baby?!)

At least we're enjoying the storm one way or another. 



And just for fun, here's the difference in 30 weeks. 



Lol, I can't even believe that I actually got that shirt onto my body!

(And don't you just love how you totally feel "huge" and that it's OBVIOUS you're expecting even in your first trimester and then when you make it to the very end you look back and think "I would die to be that small right now!" I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be that small again even though at the time I thought I was about to explode!)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I bet it is any second now if you are already at a 4. You'll definitely want her to come on her own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're at a 4? You will have her tomorrow. my prediction. p.s. can nate and I come visit you guys!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this baby comes soon for you! With my daughter I was dilated to a 4 for a month! I know how ya feel! Hopefully the next post will be about the little lady! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I know you are miserable, but I'm TOTALLY envious that you are at a FOUR before labor even starts! I bet she comes soon and fast! I always go in PRAYING to be dilated and they are always like "eh, a 1... maybe pushing a 2... maybe." Its totally depressing. Either way, I'll be crossing my fingers that they got you in today! And once she is here do you promise to finally post pictures of her nursery? I'm dying to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete