Tuesday, March 5, 2013

This Is Insanity... Weeks 36-39

Well, here I am 39 weeks pregnant... and still pregnant.

I've been dreaming of my water breaking for weeks. I don't even care where. On our white couches, in a crowded store, in church, out on a walk... I just want it to break!

For the sake of remembering (so that if there is a next time I will have proof) here is how I feel and what's been going on.

I finally stopped being sick until noon at about 37.5 weeks. Took long enough!

At 33/34 weeks I kept feeling as though she was "dropping" because it felt like she was taking her elbow and jamming it where elbows don't go...  It's been a constant and daily thing since then. I feel like she might just fall out and I get extremely sharp stabbing pains that take my breath away- almost like she punched her fist outside of the womb and then pulled it back in.

Rolling over at night is ridiculous.

Walking has been hard for a long time. It's like someone puts both hands on your forearm and then twists them in different directions... but that's how it feels on my belly. Dr said it's my uterus contracting  (this is completely different from Braxton Hicks) and that I should not walk more than one SLOW mile because it's restricting blood and oxygen to the baby. But she must be used to it because my belly gets tight like that walking around my house and the grocery store and it's been going on for a long, long time. Too bad my uterus can't just do regular contractions and get her out of there!

Just when I think I can't get any bigger... I get bigger.


                    36 weeks                               37 weeks


                 38 weeks                              39 weeks


I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for months.

I've also been having crazy back pain when I get up out of bed. I limp like an old person for the first 10 steps or so and then I'm okay. Because my belly is so big I've been having a lot of ligament pain... especially towards the end of the day. One Sunday I was having so much pain in the front of my hips that I had to lay in bed for half of the day. I was so grateful it was Sunday and that Jake was home. I seriously couldn't move. I also get shooting pains down the inside of my legs. It's the strangest thing. I honestly don't remember any of this with Everett.

It feels like she's tap dancing on my spine sometimes.

My mood swings are a little extreme. In one hour I'll be okay thinking about waiting until my due date and then ten minutes later I'll be furious and so angry. Desperate to get this baby out. I'm not even sure why I get so mad knowing that I'll probably be pregnant until my due date. Maybe it's because so many other women get induced early or go into labor early naturally (and I'm jealous). Or maybe because my Dr. said that he would induce me early and now isn't. (I'm starting to hate him). But I think the biggest reason I get mad is that the longer she stays in there the bigger she gets and the harder it will be to get her out and the more destroyed my body will be.

My belly had been itchy lately but I don't see any new stretch marks. I don't even think there is any skin left from the first pregnancy that isn't covered in stretch marks already!

She has been the queen of hiccups and it serious drives me insane. I don't know what it is but I just can't stand it.

I couldn't sleep this morning. I woke up at 3 am and I just couldn't fall back asleep. I took these nasty pictures just to remember how uncomfortable I really am. I texted it to my mom and she said "... that baby lives on the drop off." It was some much needed comic relief!


I've been rehearsing what I'm going to say yell at my Dr. on Thursday all morning. Hopefully I can get my point across to him that my life is absolutely miserable and that I need to have this baby. I hope that's the last appointment I have in his office until my 6 week checkup.

I have tried almost all of the ways listed on how to send yourself into labor. I've eaten an entire fresh pineapple, lots of fresh mangos, we go for a 20-50 minute walk every day, warm baths, pressure points and several of the unmentionables. I haven't tried castor oil because I heard what it does... and my body did that all day yesterday on it's own. I am seriously miserable.

I'm getting pretty desperate to have this baby.

6 comments:

  1. almost there!!!!

    at 39 weeks I WENT CRAZY, and started screaming and crying, and poof my water broke... Maybe thats about to happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so so so close! They totally induce after 39 weeks, so just tell your darn doctor to GET YOU THE HECK IN THERE! I'll be crossing my fingers for you thursday, and HOPEFULLY friday you'll be able to evict that sweet little gal from her current home and into a much more roomy one :) I'm frantically trying to figure out how to make it 5 more weeks.... anxiety over here is at an all time high. Part of me wants this baby out, the other part is screaming that 4 kids is absolutely nuts, and wishing I had more time to prepare. Not to mention, the things hormones do to our emotions just plain sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having thoughts of using a crochet hook to break my water. I was not mentally stable in the end either! I hope you have her SOON! Have you posted pictures of the nursery?? I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe how big your belly is! But every other part of you is still sooooo tiny. I just can't believe you've been able to stretch that much. Your poor poor poor belly. I think you definitely deserve to be venting about how miserable you are. Hopefully your next post will have pictures of that baby on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops that last comment was actually from me, Leilani. I'm at my parents house and apparently I'm logged into google as my mom. Whoops :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so bad for you. I know exactly how you feel. My second child (which I was CONVINCED) would be early just would not come out. I ended up going 2 weeks past my due date and had to use castor oil to get her out even then . I was soooo miserable that last month, so I feel your pain. Just hang in there. Once she is out, you will forget how miserable you were. Just keep in mind induction isn't always best for the baby, unfortunately. Try and hang in there. You can make it. Sending many positive thoughts your way. :)

    ReplyDelete