Thursday, May 16, 2013

How I Could Have Been...

Everett and I went to the library the other day. 

He picked out a movie. Go figure.

I was looking for a specific book that I couldn't find so we were at the help counter. There was a little black boy on the other side of the counter and he kept (loudly) whispering "Tyrell" my direction.

I waited until he had said it three times to makes sure I was hearing correctly. I was about to say "what" when another little black boy answered for me.

Lol, gotta love my name!

I've been teased my whole life that I am the wrong size, gender, and skin color for my name. I honestly don't mind my name one bit. In fact, I kind-of like it. I also like my size, gender, and skin color but sometimes I think it would be cool to be a big, black guy.

For one thing, I could walk around calling everyone "brotha"

Not only that, but I'd probably be funny and have a really awesome laugh.

But I'm a little, white girl so I'll just keep dreaming and watching videos of how I could have been...


2 comments:

  1. HI-LAR-I-OUS!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I love this so much. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lets cool it on the meatloaf." haha so funny! I love your name too. Oh and I'm glad we can be real friends now;) I think Jake and Ryne would totally hit it off- anytime you guys want to get out of the heat, you know where to come! We go to Roosevelt quite a bit during the summer too, which would be fun to go and spend a day on the lake, next time we go I'll give you a call.

    ReplyDelete