Sunday, August 4, 2013

Impatient Perfectionists

Jake and I are quickly approaching the completion of our 7th year of marriage. 

It seems like people who dated their spouses for years before marriage will say something like "we've been married 7 years, been together for 10..."

Ours is this: married 7 years, known each other for 7 years + 4 months. 

Is still makes me smile to think about what other people were thinking when we got engaged. We had so much faith in us. 

I was just a teenager but I knew enough about the man to want to spend the rest of my life with him.  


I've learned a lot about him since then. I've learned a lot about myself since then, too. And one thing I've learned about us is that we are both impatient perfectionists. 

It is such a very, very good and bad personality trait to share. We obsess. We stress. We criticize. We critique. We over analyze. 

But we get things done.... like right now. 

One thing we are learning together is how to deal with it. We each have things we want to do and accomplish but we are leaning how to be patient and how to let things be imperfect or half done for the time being.

Patients is a hard thing to learn and imperfection can be stressful to a perfectionist! It's a good thing we have each other!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm an impatient perfectionist too!!! Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete