Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brecklyn's Room (part 2)

I enjoy decorating. 
Sometimes is stresses me out but when it's all done it's always worth it. 
Breckie's room is pretty awesome. 
Probably my favorite room yet. 



Her room is huge. The previous owners used it as an office.


I wanted her room grey. So I painted it grey...THREE TIMES!! 
I just couldn't get the color right. 
Then I finally did. 
I stenciled the wall and put most of her decorations up from her previous room.





About 2 months ago I decided that I wanted a picture of a temple in Everett's room. So I decided Breckie needed one too! I made the Oakland temple for her room. (more details here).


I made it out of wood, paint, her stencil, glue and little diamonds. And then I had Jake put crown molding around it. It's seriously the coolest in real life. The pictures don't really show how awesome it is. Especially at night when her lamp is on... it just shines!


I also made some flowers out of white paper lunch bags and tissue paper. 


Again, much cooler in real life. 


I also made some prints in photoshop. 


I love her room so much. I would have never imagined that I would decorate a grey, teal, and blue nursery for my daughter... but it works and it's my favorite. 

21 comments:

  1. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

    So amazing that I spent extra effort to type it like that on the iPad. . and it took some work :) I need you to come decorate my whole house please. When we get a new bigger house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the temple pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three words=- Wow wow wow! Three more- Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I feel horrible! Blake somehow deleted a bunch of stuff on my phone which is why I never texted you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I have a baby, you are officially hired to come and decorate my baby room! It looks SOO good!

    I also LOVE the temple, I love that you can tell what it is, but is non-traditional!! So cool! (And the one in Everett's room is genius!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get that stencil?!!! I have been looking for one just like it for curtains or our master bedroom. I LOVE the room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gray tone on the walls. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! Love all the details. I'm currently finishing up my little girl's room. Thanks for inspiration to get it done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'd do this color scheme anywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need that stencil! your room is the best nursery I've ever seen. Would you tell me where to get it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please share where you purchased the stencil! Really amazing focal wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What color grey did you use and can you tell us where you got the stencil??? Love the room, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stencil is from potter barn kids (online) and I got it about 2 months ago. It was on sale for $15 (from $20) and it was even free shipping! The paint color is Grey Ghost from Olympic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your baby's room!!! I have a question. Do you have a tutorial for the mobile. its absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to see the tutorial too

      Delete
    2. I would like to see the tutorial too

      Delete
    3. I would love to also

      Delete