Saturday, November 30, 2013

Checking Out The Local Scene

Yesterday we took Montana and Lucy to the airport. On the way home we stopped by several places I've been wanting to see. First we went to a nursery and checked out the fruit trees. Then we went to a place called Schnepf Farms.

We drive past it every day and I've read a little about it online but we've never actually stopped there. So we stopped.


 It was really cool. They have SOOOOO much stuff. We didn't even get to see most of the farm but we checked out the country store...





the train...


and the U-pick garden. Pretty awesome if you ask me. I'm certain I will go back with the kids soon to check out more and pick some veggies. There's nothing like farm fresh veggies... and it's less than 10 minutes from our house.  




I also wanted to check out the regional park near us. It's only 10 minutes from our house too... but in the other direction. 


There are lots of hiking and biking trails and they even had a little 'nature center' that had snakes, scorpions, tarantellas, gila monsters, tortoises, lizards... etc. 


It was really cool and it made me love where we live even more. I was so hesitant to move 'out of town' but I love it. We didn't spend a single penny on Black Friday and I'm sure we missed out on some really good deals but we got to check out some local stuff so it was totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment