Friday, November 29, 2013

I Love Thanksgiving

I finally decided that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. 

My favorite sister and Lucy came so it was doubly awesome. 


Montana and Lucy got here on Wednesday and Kelly and my Dad were visiting for the evening so we all hung out...


 ...played in the backyard...







...and then went to an all-you-can-eat Asian buffet. Classic. And very classy :)

Thanksgiving morning Jake and Montana ran the Turkey Trot 10K in Mesa. They didn't run together but finished a minute apart from each other.


While they were gone Lucy prepped everything for turkey dinner and Everett and I made pies. 


Then we 'played' some games while Breckie napped and Lucy studied for her finals next week. I had one of those moments of pure gratitude. Everything was right. And the sun was shining through the windows!



After the race and while the turkey was cooking we all went on a walk to the park. It was a nice, warm day. I love AZ. 

I also love Lucy. She totally cooked up the most amazing turkey ever... and she's the one on vacation!



Everett had fallen asleep on the couch so the four of us had a nice, quite thanksgiving meal. 



It was nice and quiet because we were all too busy eating turkey, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, rolls, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. 


oh, and drinking punch!


Then we all hung out and played Scattergories and Balderdash. I love playing games with Montana. She's the one to make everything fun and everyone laugh. 


I tried getting a picture of these three but they all took turns not looking at the camera :)



Then it was time for the best part of thanksgiving. Pie. 


Thanksgiving was great. I always love Thanksgiving but it was extra special because we got to spend it with my sister and Lucy... who is soon-to-be my sister-in-law. Welcome to the family Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment