Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cavity Man

Everett went to the dentist for the first time yesterday!

I've been building up the experience a lot lately because I really didn't want him to be a punk. Jake even told him that if he was really good for the dentist that he'd take him to get Costco pizza that night. 

Everett did amazing. I mean, look at this kid!


We knew that he had some cavities because we could see them. Four cavities.  He has really deep grooves in his molars... but it's probably from the year I was pregnant and bribed Everett to take naps by giving him Oreos. 


Who knew those bribes would cost $1,000! I don't know if we'll get them filled. The dentist didn't seem to make it a huge deal. 

The x-rays are pretty cool. In the bottom left picture you can see his adult teeth waiting to come in.

And since Everett was so good, and Dad keeps his word... we went to Costco for pizza. 

1 comment:

  1. He is so dang cute! I he is such a little grown up now! When Avery went to the dentist last spring, she had some pretty deep grooves in her molars too, and they just put sealants on them instead of doing a full cavity repair (whatever you would call that!). It only cost us about $35 a tooth. I don't know if that was an option for Everett, but maybe something to ask them about. :)

    ReplyDelete