Sunday, December 22, 2013

This Wonderful Life


This time of year isn't necessarily super busy in Jake's line of work... so he worked a half day on Friday and we went on a hike with my dad and Kelly. They came to drop off gifts for the kids and some of Kelly's AMAZING fudge and in exchange we took them on a hike and cooked them some fish tacos. 

And actually, my dad paid the entrance fee for the hike... so really, they only got some good company and tacos out of the deal!


Jake and I have agreed that we completely love hiking in the desert and that we MUST get our mountain bikes out to these trails soon!


Everyone loved the hike except Breckie. She was cold, hungry or tired... or all three. 


And that little bum-crack fell asleep in the stroller and then peed in it! Haha, there's a first time for everything, right?!

After the hike we make some blackened salmon tacos and played a few rounds of Scattergories before our guests had to leave. I was feeling so wonderful and complete. Being out in nature with people you love and good food and good company is the best. 

Then we watched It's a Wonderful Life and it was my first time ever seeing it. It was great. Everett got to stay up and watch it with us. He was snuggled right in between Jake and I the entire time. What a lucky kid!

And I am a very lucky girl to be living such a wonderful life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment