Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mutant Ninja Virus

There is a tiny part of me that feels like the world is ending soon. 

I'm not really one of those people that FEARS death or the end of the world (only for the simple fact that I know at least one will happen eventually) but lately there has been two sicknesses that have been passed from one family to the next and it's freaking me out. 

And I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about because someone in your family was/is probably sick too. 

It starts out with certain symptoms, then they change, then your better, then it's back. Then repeat that entire cycle at least one… then pass it to a friend. 

There is a family that lives in the house right next to the neighborhood park (6 kids 8 and under) and she said she spent a solid 2 months with sick kids. 

I could not be her. Nope. Never. 

Breckie got it first. It started with the pukes. Then it went to her bowels. I was literally praying that I could somehow be sick in her place because it was so awful to watch her go through it. 

It lasted for a solid week. 


Then Everett got the other sickness. 

One day his preschool called and said that he had a fever and that he said his "pummy hurts." 

When I went to pick him up he was green in the face. He kept telling me his pummy hurt. As soon as I got the boy buckled in his car seat he hurled everywhere. Twice.

That was last week.

Now he coughs like he has some sort of bronchitis-gone-wild. Everyone says the cough just lingers and lingers. For weeks. 


Jake is now in charge of the 11-year-old scouts at church and he's been gone every single Saturday this month (and every Tuesday night) and will be gone this Saturday too and you know what? It totally blows. Plus, he fell and hurt his ribs (and back) and the man is in some pain. I can see it… lol, and hear it. 

Every time he sneezes or coughs he looks like he's going to die AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I've been feeling feverish on and off for a few days so I try to drink a lot of water and get a lot of rest so yesterday I went to bed at 8:30 and was plagued with the worst night of insomnia. I just can't win!

So this is why I feel like the world is ending.

A house full of sickies with a mutating virus. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. Miles had the pukes. And Addie and Maddox have the cough. And I have some extreme exhaustion that I can't shake. Its horrible. I want a healthy house, energy... and I'm jealous of you because DARN it I want some sunshine! A clean, healthy dose of sunshine so I can air my house out and soak up some vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete