Monday, January 20, 2014

The Rooms You Didn't See

So the other day I decided it was probably time to sweep the floor because Breckie was just crawling around eating crumbs of unidentifiable-but-once-edible things.

So I swept.

But we don't have a dust pan so I got the vacuum out to vacuum up the pile (but sometimes I don't have time to vacuum up the pile so I just sweep it in a corner and Breckie will find the pile and just eat out of it…) so since I had the vacuum out I decided to just vacuum the living room too. 

Which involved doing the weekly toy pick-up. 

So I swept and vacuumed and was like…. DANG, that looks nice… I 'll take a picture and post it on the blog so that I can document what my house looks like when it's clean!

So I took some pictures… I even took a picture of our bedroom and toy room…. but didn't post them.

And then Jill left this comment!


Haha! So NO, my house is hardly ever that clean. It's always a mess. 

4 people live here and make messes and sometimes no one cleans them up. Because we're real. We've got a life to live and sometimes we just don't have the time or energy to pick up!

In fact… here is that picture I took of our bedroom. 


Usually we have a gigantic pile of laundry on the bed, couch, or floor. 

We've made our bed maybe 10 times in the last 6 months. 

We have an air mattress in our room where Everett or Jake sleep sometimes… depending on who kicked who out of bed first. 

And the toy room is always messy. ALWAYS. Because kids play here. And kids clean it every once in a while.


I didn't even take pictures of the kids' rooms because they were both covered in clothes. 

We are clean people. We are neat people. But we are also real people.

Everything has a place… it's just not always in it's place. 

Did I make you feel any better Jill?!

2 comments:

  1. Slightly!! Your house is still perfection! I envy your house keeping abilities. If Nate saw the food you make and how you decorate he would see how lacking I am lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make your bed sometimes? Looks like you are way ahead of us ;) I just love your house.

    ReplyDelete