Friday, April 18, 2014

Watching The Sun Rise


I really love exercise. I love the way I feel after, I love watching my body change, I love the feeling of exhaustion afterwards, I love feeling my muscles burn and being sore the next day, I love the alone time, and I LOVE exercising outside. It's how and where I get my energy for the day!


Wednesday morning I left the house at 5:30 and made my way to the mountain. 

I got there just in time to turn around and see the sun come over the mountains. It was beautiful. 





I rode one of the trails and then headed back home. 


It was such a great way to start the morning and I loved everything about it. 


It was 15 miles total and it took 90 minutes…. a 6 minute mile…. to think that people can run that fast is mind blowing!! I'll take the bike over running any day, especially mountain biking. 

I have to be honest though, Jake's been mountain biking a lot lately. He started going with our neighbors early in the mornings and then would ride by himself sometimes. He rode to the mountain one morning when they couldn't go. Twice now he's ridden to the mountain and then on trails. So I decided it was my turn. He totally pumped up my tires, got my helmet out, and filled up the camel bak for me the night before! 

I almost didn't go that morning because Everett has been getting up and night… but I'm glad I did and I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment