Sunday, May 11, 2014

M is for Mom

Mother's Day started at 4 am when Everett came into our room coughing so bad that he threw up. But other than that, the day was great :)

At church the kids made mother's day gifts… so I brought one home for Everett to fill out for me. Jake helped him write his answers down:


I laughed so hard at the Walmart answer! And the picture is amazing. It's our family. I'm the one with the crazy hair :)

Jake gave me a nice card with a date coupon that never expires (and I can use 4 times)!

Then Jake opened up Just a Touch of Crazy  (my friend's website where she blogs about crazy motherhood adventures) and there was my picture… with a link to a blogpost Jake wrote about me. It was so cute and unexpected and I loved reading it:

Tyrell

Typically I get home between 5:30 and 6:30 but sometimes it’s late into the evening because of a meeting that may have run long. No matter what time I get home, it only takes about 15 minutes or less for me to be overwhelmed with the chaos that Tyrell has been managing the entire day. 

It’s amazing to me that I often feel that my job is very challenging and difficult, yet her role as a mother and wife is 5 times as stressful and challenging as mine. From time to time she may breakdown because a day or a week has been especially hard. I’m pretty sure most of us husbands would be at that point every day by 10:00 AM. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids to pieces. It’s just not easy having  little ones. This is not even a fraction of why I love Tyrell so much. 


One of the top reasons I love her so much is because of the unconditional love she has for me. That may sounds selfish, but when you are pretty much a normal dude with a million or more weaknesses and there is an amazingly beautiful girl that still loves you....You can't help but fall more and more in love with her everyday.

I love that no matter how crazy my ideas are she supports me. 

I know that for a matter of fact I would not be where I am professionally, spiritually, or as happy with out her in my life. She is the most amazing and loving mother I could ever imagine. I consider myself pretty mellow and  I lose my cool way faster than she does. I think every family with children has different challenges with their kids, as do we. What I think many people don't know about Tyrell is how much care and effort she puts into doing things right and addressing those challenges. Whether it is our children’s diet, education, discipline, or behavior, she does everything she can to be the best parent possible.  If I was as good at my job as she is at being a mother we would be very wealthy

     I’ve never been very good at putting things on paper, or even explaining my feelings for that matter. So this little post is a serious understatement of the way I really feel. I will close with some “I love you’s” that may also seem like understatements but its a little thing we have that we think is pretty funny.

    - I love you like I love Mint Oreos and Milk
    -I love you like I love going fast
    - I love you like I love going to the movies
    -I live you like we love Blue Wasabi Sushi
    -I love you like you love sugar
    - I love you like I love you know what......
    -I love you like you love working out
    -I love you like I love fancy cars and trucks
    - I love you like Everett loves the Ipad
    -I love you like Breckie loves her bottles.
    -I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!!!!
  

Love you Babe!


The 'I love you' part and the end kills me!! It was such a sweet Mother's Day gift. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in the world. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved what Jake wrote. It was my favorite one, aside from Brice, of course ;) And I'm really glad you're so good at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete