Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sting Art

When I posted about the playloft someone asked about the string art. 


I've only done it twice and both times it was free just because I already had all of the supplies. Back in January or February I made a giant mustache for my office. 


All you need is wood, small nails (with a big head), and string of your choice. I happened to have white.


It's super easy. You just nail out the design you want and wrap your string all around the nails. 


When you very first start, you'll need to tie a knot around the nail with the string and then just go crazy. There is not pattern or rhyme to the reason… just make sure you keep the string very tight.


And that's it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing about that! You make it look so easy, but I will have to try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete