Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hometown America

We went to Eagar, AZ for the 4th of July this year. I was born in Eagar and spent my summers there so going back to watch the parade and be with family was perfect!

The parade was perfect, too. The clouds came rolling in so it was nice and not hot during the parade. 






Everett and Breckie have both seen parades but not a good, hometown parade that throws candy like this one!



I honestly love this town with my whole heart. 






These kids were so cute!! Everett waved so nicely to everyone and got tons of candy and popsicles and Breckie loved watching it. Now she waves at any car on the street, it's adorable!


As soon as the parade was over and we got in our car, it started raining. How perfect! Later we played Candyland with real candy from the parade :)


My dad lives on a little bit of land with a few jackrabbits and snakes (if they're lucky!) lizards and horned toads. Jake caught a couple for the kids to see. 






*This is where Jake would probably want me to mention that earlier that morning he shot two jack rabbits. I won't post the picture because it's yucky.



The kids loved playing in the dirt. 





We spent some time with some of my extended family. Besides my kids, these kids are all actually my cousins.



They played in the irrigation, with water guns, and on the trampoline a lot. 


My grandma passed away October 2012 so while most of the family was together we finished going through her things and I ended up with a few treasures. 

Later that night our family rented the town pool and went for a swim. It was really kind of awesome to see the whole family in the pool! And I MUST mention that Everett jumped off the smaller diving board… at least 10 times. I honestly didn't think he would do it but he loved it. 


I am always so happy to see family and spend time with them. I got to see my absolute favorite cousin  and meet her husband, meet two more cousins for the first time, and meet my aunt's husband.


It was great to see everyone and hang out and eat. One night we stayed up late eating junk and playing cards. That's what you do when your with family, right?!



We had a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

  1. Wait!! You were in Eagar for the 4th of July????????? Did you forget where I live???? I would have loved to see you and your sweet family! I can tell from your pictures that we were in the same block watching the parade. Did you see the street dancers before the parade? I was dancing--if you can call it that! So sad I didn't get to see you! Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete