Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dragons 2 Puker

There is a theater near my in-laws that shows movies for $5 on Tuesdays. So on Tuesday my mother-in-law wanted to take all of her grandkids to see Dragons 2. 

About a month earlier, Jake and I had taken the kids to see it. Breckie doesn't even look at the TV, let alone watch a cartoon or movie… but we got 3D tickets to see the premier for free so we thought we'd give it a try. 


We have one kid that LOVES anything with a screen and one kid that wants nothing to do with it. 

I knew Breckie wouldn't want to see Dragons 2 again but I also didn't want to just sit at the house all day and do nothing while everyone else was at the movies. So I packed a bottle and some snacks and crossed my fingers that she'd be good. 

About 5 minutes into the movie she puked big time. The rest of the evening was spent cleaning up puke in a movie theater bathroom and chasing a naked baby around the hallways waiting for the movie to get out. 


I was SO overwhelmed and sad and desperate for even the tiniest part of home. That night I tried posting this on my blog:

***

We've been visiting family in Washington for the past 2 weeks and each day has been its own marathon. The flight alone was enough to merit me a vacation from my "vacation". (Breckie puked all over us. Surprise!) Since AZ is wicked hot this time of year, we took it upon ourselves to escape the inferno for 8 weeks.

Everyday I have thought all of these thoughts:
This is nice
This was a bad idea
There is NO way we can survive 8 weeks here
We are totally doing this every summer!!!
What was I thinking???
This weather is perfect
This is the worst decision I have ever made
I can do this.
Book me on the next flight home.
This is absolutely awful
This was just what I needed!

It's turned into a little bit of a trial for me.

Did I mention that I am at my in laws with my two kids on "vacation" and letting them see this side of their family and make memories and have fun... while Jake is working back home in AZ?

Today Breckie puked all over us in the movie theater. We had been there for less than 10 minutes.           Then on the drive home Everett started sobbing because he missed his daddy and his daddy wasn't
home to play with him outside and it broke my heart (all while Breckie was screaming in her car
seat). It's been a ride. And we still have 6 weeks to go :/ I'm hoping to have some better luck real soon!

***

Luckily, the next day, my new phone came in the mail and I did start having some better luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment