Monday, January 5, 2015

SODA!!!


Jake had an open house for his branch/office a few weeks ago so we ended up with things like: soda, cookies, nuts, cheese, cookies, salami, prosciutto, cookies, crackers, sparkling cider, cookies, pumpkin pie in our refrigerator and pantry for weeks after. 

A few days later a client dropped off a giant, stocking-shaped plate of cookies. Followed by neighbors and friends and Christmas and Jake's birthday...

The kids have been livin' it up. Loving life. 

"Can I have a cookie?" 

"YES!! PLEASE. Here, have two and give these two to your sister!


But the soda? That's a little less handout-able. 

It's used as bribery. 

"Mom, I'm running out of gas. I can't finish riding my bike home from the park"

"Whoever touched the garage door first gets a soda!" 

And he's gone, just like that, racing home to claim his reward. 


"I don't want to go outside."

"If you come outside with me and Breckie then you can have a soda"

Boom, he's out the door. 

Pathetic, I know. I feel like he loves those mini cans of soda as much as he loves me. 

Maybe more. 


It's like this magical liquid that brings out the kid in Everett. 

Wait, no. I just make him do kid things and reward him with a soda. 


And what a about Breckie? 

Well, she just gets soda because she's cool. 

Or maybe because I feel bad that I let her look ridiculous with that mop for a hairstyle. 

You know, because she kind-of looks like one of those poor chickens that gets picked on by other chickens in the pen and they pluck out too many feathers and make bald spots:


But New Years cleaned out the last of our left-over soda supply. 

Now I'm going to have to think of a new bribe...

Pop-tarts??

1 comment:

  1. I've been away from blog land for so long and was so excited to catch up on your blog this morning!! You guys are so fun and it looks like you had an awesome Christmas and YOUR HAIR!!! It is the perfect cut for you! You look perfect!

    ReplyDelete