Friday, March 20, 2015

Strength Beyond Me

Miscarriage wise, I am doing great. Just putting it out there. 

But I have been thinking a lot about what women (and families… but especially women) go through to have babies.

I'm not going to spell it all out, because I can't. I haven't experienced even a fraction of what other women have experienced but I know enough to know that childbearing can make you're heart burst at the seams and be so full it almost hurts and it can also shatter your heart and dreams and leave you so empty you feel like you will never be whole again. 

And that, of course, is only if you've been able to conceive. Knowing that some women go years and years (or a lifetime) without being able to have a baby is beyond me. 

Why is it that we're willing to go through torture to have children?? Sometimes it's the only choice. 

Late last night I checked my Facebook because I couldn't sleep. Here are literally the very first three things that I saw (all friends whom I LOVE with my whole heart).  

My first friend is 33 weeks pregnant and a whole bunch of issues were just discovered on Wednesday and she had just found out that she'll be in the hospital until the baby is born. Best case scenario the little guy can be born in two weeks if his lungs are developed enough. And then he'll still be in the NICU for 2-3. That's if everything works out perfectly. Until then, she just has to sit and wait and worry and pray and depend on friends and family to care for her two kids at home. No woman wants that but that is her only choice. 


My second friend was celebrating her daughters ninth birthday. I cry every time I think about this. 


And my third friend. My goodness, what a beautiful little baby girl! This little lady was 8 years in the making. Truly a miracle. What her parents have gone through to have this perfect little bundle makes anything I've experienced a walk in the park. 


I am truly humbled at the strength these women have and it amazes me to see the things they've survived to create these beautiful, tiny human beings. 

1 comment:

  1. its an amazing thing we do to have babies. after Ev i was like NOPE then i forgot how it was, so i was like BABIES! it was difficult every time. the born, the unborn, but it helped me grow more love for the children i have here with me. I'm so happy you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete