Friday, April 3, 2015

Family Bonds

I've been keeping baby books for our kids. Luckily, besides when their teeth came in and when they got their shots, they are up to date. 

Recently Everett has taken an interest in his baby book and another photo album we have with pictures from his first year of life. We were looking at them one day and we got on the subject of me as a child and he told me that I wasn't ever a kid. That I've always been big. 

So to prove that I was once a kid, I found a picture and showed it to him (which looked ridiculously similar to Breckie). 

Now he keeps the baby books, photo albums, and my kids pictures all stacked up in the office. It's really cute and makes me want to get the blog printed in books so he can look through them. 

But it's also been making me think about our extended families and our family histories (probably because 90% of all my kid picture are with his Aunt Tayne/Uncle Wes/Papa)

My grandma was really into family history and it's really starting to rub off on me. I'm hardly ever disappointed when I do it and I always find myself headed to the temple. 


And then, of course, I think about my life, family and eternity and it makes me so grateful for this beautiful life that I live and the people I get to share it with. 

The other day it was kind-of summer-stormy and it reminded me a lot of spending my summers at my Dad's house… which meant roller blading and rinding bikes to the pool with my sister. Late that afternoon she called me and it was literally perfect. 

My brother and his wife just had their third baby (March 29th/7lbs 15oz/22 inches), and although we live thousands of miles apart, I feel a connected to little Jethro already. 


I'm so grateful for that love that is unique to families and for the bonds that I have with my siblings… even though we see/talk to each other maybe once a year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment