Friday, April 17, 2015

High Five

I was in charge of keeping 5 kids alive for about 5 minutes today… here's how it happened:

First, Everett is growing way too fast and needed some new shorts so we went to Old Navy because I had a coupon and a gift card. 3 pairs of shorts and one ninja turtle shirt later I was taking this cute picture and realized that Everett could pass for a 7 or 8-year-old. He is/looks huge and so grown up!


Then we met the Millers at Discovery Park to feed the ducks (and baby ducks!) our stale bread and Cheerios.  It's always fun for the kids and I'm not going to lie… I like it too :)


We even got to see a little turtle. 


And let's be amazed that Julia got a picture of all four of them looking!


Next stop was Costco.

Are you wondering about me keeping 5 kids alive yet?? Well, you see, Julia had her baby (Beckett) a little early (at 33 weeks) and he's almost 4 weeks old already but still very, very tiny. 


So she went to go get pizza while I stayed with the 5 yahoos. I had one on the table, one under the table, two playing some sort of game with the poles on the table, and Beck was a sweetheart and just stayed in his carseat :) 


And I'm happy to report that we all survived. 

Costco is such a magical place and now I have a particularly fond memory of the food court… I got to hold Beck for the first time, right here… next to the new tires and greasy pizza!

(Look how tiny he is!!! He's like a little baby doll.) 

It's always a good day when you can not only keep kids alive and let them have a little fun but you get to eat pizza and churros for lunch too!

1 comment: