Monday, June 22, 2015

4:30 Wake-up Call

Soooo… it's hot. 
Like really really really hot. 
Bake-cookies-in-your-car hot. 
Sweat-your-brains-out-and-want-to-die hot. 


This was after a 3 mile run at 7am… last month when it wasn't even super hot yet. 


(Hot air ballon in the fields that morning)

Now that it's ten times hotter I have to get my exercise done a little earlier. Saturday I woke up at 4:30 so that I could mountain bike before the sun melted me. 


Being in the mountains is usually pretty spiritual for me but being there and watching the sunrise makes it that much better. 








I got to ride for two hours that morning. It was hot and I went through 2.5 liters of water but it was SO worth it. 


Ironically, I saw another hot air balloon Saturday morning too. 



By the time I made it back to my car, I was a hot mess. My hair tie had slipped out at some point so I had Bozo mullet hair, I had white sweat/snot crusted around each nostril, I was completely drenched in sweat and I smelled like a dirty gym bag. 


But I also felt ALIVE!

I got back home right after 7 and everyone was still asleep. 
I swear it's the best way to start any morning… no matter how early :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment