Monday, July 13, 2015

Kayaking Down the Salt River

Saturday morning was pretty sweet. 


I got to go kayaking for the first time. Jake and I had been invited to go with our friends (the Cory's) but we couldn't find a babysitter AND Jake had accidentally scheduled an appointment at 1:00 (and we would be gone 7-12 and he wouldn't be able to get back and showered and ready for the appointment by then) so Jake stayed home, worked on a big ongoing project for me while I went with the Corys. 


I'm pretty lucky to have such a great husband. And friends. And to live here. Happiness is outside and I got a lot of it on Saturday!


I just need to start remembering Jake's go pro camera! He's had it for almost 4 years and we never use it!


I had a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again and bring Jake. 


We had only been kayaking for a few minutes and I totally ran right into a rock, got stuck, got un-stuck, and ended up going down the rest of the "rapids" backwards. It was a total win for me. 

Kidding.

This just means I have to go back and redeem myself… and the fact that I spelled "kyacking" wrong on Instagram :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment