Sunday, July 19, 2015

Take A Hike

I left my only pair of workout shoes in Colorado on accident so it's kind-of been blah around here for the past two weeks. 

Friday night I had one of those "I'm a woman" breakdowns. (Translation - nothing was wrong but I just couldn't be happy).

I haven't been sleeping very good lately. It takes me a while to fall asleep and then my sleep is polluted with strange dreams all night. 

I haven't been super motivated to do anything. It's super hot so I'm guessing I'm experiencing seasonal depression. I feel trapped in my house and it doesn't help that Everett doesn't ever want to go anywhere. 

Saturday I work up at 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided I'd just go hike around the San Tan Mountains. 


The only closed toe shoes that I currently own are my Keen sandals, so I threw those on and headed towards the mountains. 


Luckily, nature was on my side and it was only 82 degrees. There was a storm coming and the high for the day was only 93. 

(Jake's sticker collection he started on one of the benches)



I got back home, had breakfast, and then decided to go out for a road bike ride. 


After hiking and biking for an hour and a half each, I felt a little better. 

I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling WAY better next week when my new shoes come in the mail and Everett starts school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment