Monday, July 6, 2015

The 2nd & 3rd - Vallecito

My ten year high school reunion was planned for the afternoon of the 4th of July. I wasn't really planning on going until I talked to my dad. He said that he really regretted not going to his 10 year class reunion so we changed plans and took a road trip to Colorado.

I'm really, really not a fan of road trips at all but the drive to CO wasn't as torturous as I was planning. We even went through a rain storm, complete with lighting and thunder, which was pretty awesome. I even got the tiniest lightning bolt in a picture!


We lost an hour and we got there late, so we pretty much just went to bed as soon as we got there. 

The next morning I went for a 4 mile run and conquered some big, nasty hills in the Colorado sun and got sunburned. CO pretty much got drowned by rain in May so this was the greenest, most beautiful I have ever seen it. It was amazing. 

Everett went in the canoe with Tim and Braxton, played with the chickens/dogs/horses, and even shot a  gun for the first time. 


I have a lot of really great memories with that little 22. My dad gave it to me when I was 8 (I think) and I'm pretty sure it was my Papa's before that. 


It was so cute to watch Everett. He wanted to do it by himself and accidentally shot a hole in Tim's irrigation pipe!!




After lunch we headed up to Vallecito. 


Tim takes care of a few houses for people that snowbird and the owners were more than happy to let us stay and play for a day. It was pretty dreamy. 


The pond it actually a natural spring so the water was ICE COLD and a few gigantic fish lived in there. 


My mom was the bravest of us all and paddled a few of us around. 



It was seriously like ice. Good thing we had snow tubes :)


We sat around the fire, roasted s'mores, it rained a little, took Breckie on the tree swing, played some games, ate brisket sandwiches… dreamy!






The un-dreamy parts were: Breckie peed her pants and peed on the carpet, we took a little walk and Everett fell asleep in Jake's arms and then Everett peed the bed we laid him down on. Luckily I brought two extra pairs of Everett's shorts… so Breckie wore one pair and Everett wore the other :)


That night we drove down the road a little to watch the fireworks over the lake. We waited and waited and then one or two would go of randomly. After a little bit we all packed up to go home and as soon as we started driving away the real show started!



So Everett watched from inside the car, Breckie fell asleep in her carseat, and Jake watched while I tried to take a few pictures. 








It was a really good day and we had lots of fun… and my legs were burning from those Colorado hills I ran up earlier so it was an extra good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment