Friday, July 10, 2015

The 5th - The Ride Home

Sunday was a torture test for sure. 

I fell asleep at 6 a.m. Did you read about the 4th?? It was crazy and I couldn't fall asleep because I kept thinking about my class reunion and all the people I saw and all the things I wish I would have said and how much those friendships shaped me. I even took sleeping pills but my thoughts were overpowering I guess. 

We got up at 8 and went to church. I saw even more people that I love and have positively impacted my life. 

I cried my eyes out as we sang the National Anthem. 

We went home an hour later, packed, and then started our 10 HOUR JOURNEY home.  


At one point I just wanted to jump out the window. Wait, I always want to do that on road trips… 

It took us an hour to go 7 miles (outside of Payson) because there was just so much traffic. Luckily it was only 60 degrees and raining. I honestly thought about getting out and running until Jake caught up…. but I forgot my running shoes in Colorado :(

But we got home in one piece without car trouble so I'm grateful it wasn't worse. AND our two fish survived a second 4-day trip without being fed (in a 90 degree house!) Good thing we don't have any real pets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment