Monday, August 10, 2015

Love Potion #9

I knew when I met him that I'd be happy for the rest of my life. 


Yes, we disagree and get mad at each other sometimes but isn't that a requirement when you love somebody??! 


There were lots of times in the last 9 years when I wished things were different but I have NEVER wished to be married to someone different. 


We have big dreams together and I'm constantly reminding him that he can't die because there just isn't another Jake quite like him in this world!


Last year I had written him a very sincere love letter. We hiked Mailbox Peak and I stuck the letter in the mailbox at the top when he wasn't looking. Then when he found it, it was too awkward to just stare at him while he was reading it (plus he's a slow reader and I had pretty much had the letter memorized) so I read it to him instead. The best part is that I'm getting all emotional and he's over there sitting on a rock, sweating like the world is ending, and dumping dirt out of his shoe.


It was so romantic. 


This year I YouTubed a song for him to listen to… "I can't feel my face when I'm with you, but I love it" and I said how this had to describe us. We're always flying by the seat of our pants, going a million miles an hour, always up for an adventure (our engagement was especially this way). I played the song for him and asked him if he's heard it… he didn't answer so I gave him the look and he says "sorry... I was doing math in my head."


I laughed.
Then it just became so funny to me that I really laughed. The laugh where your husband looks at you and thinks his only option is to load you up and drop you off at the loony bin. 


I think we both put up with a lot because we love each other so much. 


The only "problem" we have is that we're each so good at what we do that we often forget to appreciate how amazing the other person is. It's like we just expect each other to be amazing and forget that everyone isn't as amazing as they are. I hope that made sense. 


But even with our "problem" I love our life together and I'm glad we have each other. 


The other day we were driving home from the Miller's house and both the kids were being psycho and bawling or whining and we just looked at each other, raised an eyebrow or two, and then started laughing. Sometimes our life has gone so wrong it's comical.


Which brings me to my next point, I don't think we're going to be having anymore kids. We couldn't handle it. The two that we have are more than sufficient :)


In fact, this last year we have been firm believers in date night (more than ever) because we realize how important spending time together is... especially when you have little kids. Because the reality is, love and marriage came first and then the babies in the baby carriage :) :) Plus, when they're grown and gone it will just be Jake and I and I don't want us to be "lost" without our kids. 

Happy nine years to us. And next year we will have a million dollars and no problems, right?? At least that's what we told ourselves when we got married, hahahahahahaha!!!!! I guess we had big dreams back then, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment