Saturday, August 29, 2015

Vintage & Car Themed Little Boy Room

Honestly, it seems silly that I'm blogging about Everett's room for the hundredth time, but it's kind-of fun for me to look back through my blog and see how I decorated previous rooms and houses… so here you have the final version of Everett's room (until he tells me he hates it or we move). 


Last year while the kids and I were in Washington for 8 weeks, I put Jake to work. I had him do the paneling on the wall… it's sad that I'm just now posting pictures of it since it's been done for nearly a year.

Before:


I didn't hate his room before but it just wasn't "done" looking. But I had to do something so it wouldn't look like a girls room forever. This is when we first moved in:


I re-painted the rest of his room (besides his window wall) the same navy blue color that was on his closet wall. 



Before:


About a year and a half ago, a friend gave us a bunch of old barn wood. It came in handy big time :) The sign above his bed is one what we found on my Dad's property. Personally, I think it's really, really cool…. and he was more than happy to get rid of it :) We mounted it on a piece of barn wood (that we didn't have to cut) so every edge is naturally worn like that. 

*Here's a better view of the barn door style paneling Jake did. 

There was a super thick piece of wood that we were given and we were told that the horses would 'chew' on it… we cut it and made two shelves for his room. Luckily the cut ends face the wall so you can't even see them. 


The old oil can and orange car are true vintage finds. 


There are old Reader's Digest books turned backwards, two sets of Jake's mission scriptures, a picture we bought in Australia, my Dad's old license plate, a 'no littering' sign we found on the side of the road, and some truly vintage bumper stickers on his shelf. 




More Reader's Digest books are on his dresser with an farm truck from Hobby Lobby and the tractor was something we were able to have from my grandma's things after she passed away. It feels old but I can't really say if it is or isn't. 


The letters that are sitting on his bed are from the previous decorations. I painted them green and added a page from an atlas… keeping with his car/vintage theme. 


The rest of the atlas (plus two more, lol) I used to wallpaper his closet. 



There are old-looking planes, license plates, and a few road signs we've found laying on the side of the road. I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for fallen signs… it's the only thing I enjoy about road trips these days!


I used to feel bad that I chose how to decorate his room (I did choose the theme before he could talk though…) but I don't feel bad anymore because the other day he took the liberty to decorate his room with his favorite things. 

X-box controllers, games, and 3 rescue bots:



Lego city police station, Thomas trains, and 'heatwave':


The batcave, joker house, and monster truck:


This paw patrol toys and the bat mobile. 


At least we all know his favorite toys now :)

So… I love his room and this is my favorite version of his room that I've decorated so far. 


1 comment:

  1. What color paint did you use for the dark blue?

    ReplyDelete