Saturday, October 10, 2015

Twenty-9

Jake was in Missouri/Kentucky for the first 8 days of October for business/pleasure. He didn't plan it… it just kind-of happened. 

And my birthday was the 7th. 

My birthday also happens to be my favorite holiday. 

That's where best friends come in. 

*10 seconds prior, they were all sitting nicely on the bench!! We didn't plan on how awesome it came out.

Julia took me (and our kids) to ihop for breakfast. 




She also insisted that they sing happy birthday to me. They brought me ice cream, so it was totally worth it :)


We took the kids to story time at the library afterwards...


We also went to Target so that the kids could pick me out a present (since Jake didn't leave me one to open!!!)


Everett had been talking about buying me "girly legos" for a couple of weeks so I let him pick out the ones he wanted to get me. We also picked up a cake mix and some frosting so I could make my own cake. If there is one thing I've learned this year… it's that you're in charge of your own happiness. I wasn't going to let my birthday go burning down in flames even if my own husband wasn't going to celebrate me!


Everett built the legos while Breckie and I made the cake. Right after we finished, Julia and two of my friends came over and we went out to Pita Jungle and then out to a movie. Jake did help plan this… so it was nice! And by help plan, I mean he arranged the babysitter and gave Julia the names and numbers of the two other friends I hang out with most. 


I had a really, really good time. We all laughed because Aubri is barely in her 20's, Julia is 30, and Jennifer is 40 :) (and I have no idea what is going on with my shirt!)

Julia also gave me her AMAZING french silk pie and whip cream. She is the most amazing friend I've ever had. I'm so thankful that I have a friend like her!!


Jake flew in the next night and we sang happy birthday and had cake. 




I guess my birthday did go "burning down in flames" after all. 




Jake did say he was really sorry he didn't leave a card or a present or anything for me on my birthday. He was pretty consumed by this work trip, which was training for a leadership position, so I won't blame him too much. 

But next year I turn 30. I will show no mercy if he messes that one up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment