Friday, January 15, 2016

Baby Sister

Jake and I found out we were have a girl a few days before Christmas. We were both so deeply happy and excited when we found out. 

Everett and Breckie didn't know we were pregnant, so on Christmas we wrapped a pink newborn onesie and a whole string of ultrasound pictures. When they opened it Everett seemed a little confused and Breckie says, "Hey, that's mine!" about the little pink onesie. 


But they seem to both be really excited and I'm really glad Jake and I waited until we knew the gender to tell them so they didn't have any wants or wishes for the baby's gender. Breckie told me that she's going to tell Baby Sister all about Christmas when she comes and Breckie is also under the impression that Baby Sister will bring us a fish when she's born??? I guess we better bring a baby and a fish home from the hospital in May. 

Everett (totally unprompted) drew our family and our house on the first page in his new notebook. It's Everett, Me, Baby Sister, Breckie, and then Jake. He is such a little sweetheart!


They are both excited and happy to be getting another sibling. I know I am :)

Jake is a little worried about being outnumbered (2 parents/3 kids)… so am I :) But we'll learn to make it work and survive. For now, we are working on converting the playloft into a bedroom for our last little princess. I have 18 weeks left so it gives me something to look forward to!

*PS, Jake and I, along with many family members all thought we were having a boy. I even had a name picked out and boy nursery ideas in mind. From the minute Breckie was born I knew that I'd want her to grow up with a sister. Not that it's up to me or that I could plan or guarantee any of this, but the fact that we're going to have another baby AND it's a girl is such a wish come true. I'm super happy about it!                      

No comments:

Post a Comment