Monday, June 13, 2016

Second Bath

The first bath is typically the one documented... but there wasn't a camera in sight so the second one is what Roxy gets pictures of :)

 #3rdkid 

I guess she should feel lucky she has any pictures at all, lol!


When I was 38 weeks pregnant and doing hospital tours (#3rdkid! All the other moms were still in their second trimester) I discovered that the two hospitals my doctors delivers at were considered "baby friendly" hospitals. 

This means that once the baby is born, it is placed skin-to-skin on your chest immediately for an hour, nursed, and then after that they weigh and measure them etc. Also, your baby is not given a bath for 8-24 hours after it is born. 


I have the classic just-born-covered-in-goo pictures of both Everett and Brecklyn and I was a little weirded out by the idea of them not bathing Roxy for so long. 

But, as it turns out, she wiped down nicely and was perfectly clean without a bath. And she never got any baby acne, so there's definitely some merit to the idea of no baths :) In fact, Roxy didn't have a bath until she was almost two weeks old. Sounds kind-of gross, but it really wasn't at all. 


Now I just need to figure out how to only bathe once every two weeks and have it not be gross ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment