Friday, July 29, 2016

Train Station & Chocolate Factory

I didn't spend many summers in Colorado. I was usually in AZ for the Summer.... so now, when I go to visit, I'm amazed at how green and beautiful it is. I remember the cold, snowing, wet, muddy, sunshiny, crisp weather very well but the warm, green summers are new to me. 

Monday morning I went on a long bike ride to enjoy the green. 




Later we headed into town for some fun. 


Bridget took us to the train museum where we saw lots of cool memorabilia and model trains and towns. 







I've unofficially had the Iron Horse bike race (you race the train from Durango to Silverton) on my bucket list for a few years now. Seeing pictures in the train museum makes me that much more nervous/excited to cross it of my bucket list!


Breckie's face is fantastic!



Then we walked down to the chocolate factory. It's one of my very favorite things to do when I'm home. So many memories of Grandpa Northcutt, caramel apples, and truffles galore!



Everett and Breckie had pretzels and marshmallows covered in chocolate and then dipped in mini M&M's. I might just have to try that at home... but the chocolate and salted caramel apple isn't something I could make. It was just way too good. 




And the day ended with a bareback ride. Breckie is a brave little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment