Thursday, December 29, 2016

Skiing Wolf Creek

We woke up early the day before Jake's birthday and went skiing and snowboarding. 


Jake, Effie, Josh, Bridget, and I all got there just before it opened. The drive was GORGEOUS! Talk about natural beauty and a Winter wonderland. It almost hurt because it was so breathtaking. 


But I didn't bring my real camera so you'll just have to trust me. 


I had never been on skis so I borrowed my mom's super short (and a little wider-than-normal) skis and Bridget took me down the baby hill and few times and I was good to go!


We saw Effie and Josh a time or two and saw Tim and Braxton once after they got there... so it was pretty much the three of us all day. 



It was the most successful day at a ski resort ever. I've only been a handful of times, always on a snowboard, usually night skiing (it was like $10 in Utah), and this was the most ideal snow I've ever been on. All the other times I've been, it's been super icy. 


It was going to snow again in a few days... we thought about staying just another day so Jake could snowboard on the new powder. 


It was so pretty. And it was warm. People were taking off clothes left and right. 


It did get super cold the last hour. I think my face turned purple and I could barely feel my fingers by the time we got back to the car. 



The only bummer all day was that Jake didn't have anyone to ride crazy with. 


But he was also trying to not hurt himself so I guess it was okay. 


He crashed a few times but it only rekindled his love for snowboarding. We really need to move somewhere with a snowy Winter. 


Thankfully Grammy took care of our kids (and great grammy) so that we could have one fun day in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment