Thursday, January 5, 2017

High-strung

I'm obviously having a hard time about where we live and seasons and our Winter trip to CO... and then Everett brings this paper home from his first day back at school. 


It made me super happy that we are the highlight of his Winter break but also kind of bummed he didn't mention any of the torture I went through to let him play in the snow. 

2017 is going to be all about staying home and doing nothing. Because that's easier. And apparently just as cool and fun as anything else. 

New years resolution: SETTLE DOWN!

Sounds easy. 
But... I'm what people call 'high-strung'

high-strung
ˈhī ˈˌstrəNG/
adjective
NORTH AMERICAN
adjective: high-strung
  1. nervous and easily upset.


    synonyms:
    nervous, excitable, agitated, temperamental, sensitive, unstable; 
    brittle, on edge, edgyjumpyjitteryrestlessanxioustense, stressed, overwroughtneurotic
    informalworked up, uptighttwitchywired, wound up, het up, strung out


                                                     antonyms:easygoing

Sad to say, that's pretty much me. 

I don't know how to calm down. I don't know how to care less. To have dreams and hobbies and aspirations in life and not be 'high-strung' about it. 

As you can see, this personality trait is mostly a curse and not a blessing at all. But it's 95% of my personality. 

It's like saying my new years resolution is to be less me

I can't ever just sit down and do nothing. But I need to learn to. It'd probably be more enjoyable than hauling my kids around just because I can't handle staying at home. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm high strung too. It's a terrible trait to have, especially in law school:)

    ReplyDelete